- Sun exposure must be avoided 3-4 weeks prior to treatment. Do not use tanning creams or sprays 1-2 weeks prior to treatment.
- We do not treat tanned skin.
- You must be using a sunblock with an SPF of at least 30, 2 wks before and throughout your IPL treatments.
- Discontinue the use of Retin-A and other exfoliants 3 days prior to treatment.
- Some patients feel discomfort during the treatment. Patients report the treatment feels like a hot rubber band snap. This discomfort may range from mild to moderate and does not last long.
- If the area to be treated is sensitive a topical anesthetic cream will be prescribed and will need to be applied to the treatment area for a least one hour prior to the treatment.
- If further treatment is needed a commitment to stay out of the sun is necessary. Sun exposure may cause certain complications (possibly blistering and/or hyperpigmentation).
- Aerobic exercise should be avoided for 24 hours.
- Hot baths/showers, saunas, and steam rooms should be avoided for 24 hours after treatment. Quick tepid showers are recommended.
- The skin that has been treated should be treated gently for a few days. It should not be rubbed and when applying makeup, pat gently.
- Makeup may be applied immediately after the treatment as long as the skin is not broken. If that occurs you may apply an antibiotic cream such as Neosporin.
- A mild burning sensation may last for up to one hour after treatment. A cold compress or ice pack may be used if desired. Please do not apply ice directly on skin. There is always a slight possibility of developing a crust or blister.
To get even better results after your treatment and upgrade your at-home skin care regiment visit www.spaaesthetica.com