- You will experience a burning sensation on the skin that will last between 30 minutes and 3 hours up to the first day.
- Meds: Take the Anti-Viral that we have provided to you. This is preventative and you must take it as directed. If you have discomfort following the treatment, take Tylenol or ask for a pain–killer prescribed by the doctor (i.e. Vicodin or Lortab). Take medications with food.
- May want to take a few days off of work. Treatment of the Facial Area will result in an appearance similar to a darker tan/sunburn on the first day. A fine scab will be formed by the skin do not be concerned, this promotes the healing process.
- After one to two days the eschar/necrotic skin will disappear and the skin will have a tanned look. At this point, makeup can be applied. Redness may persist for up to 3 days. After 4-5 Days your face will get darker, and then near the 5th-day peel. More intense treatments can take up to 7 days for recovery.
- AM Skin Care Routine – Wash the treatment area with Obagi Gentle Cleanser and lukewarm water – Do not use hot water. Rinse and pat dry gently, with no pulling, picking, or rubbing. Apply Climate Control, a gel moisturizer that promotes skin renewal. Follow with Oxygenetix Healing Ointment. Cover all areas with Oxygenetix. If skin feels dry, spray Climate Control as needed. Do not let the skin become dry or cracked. Always wash your hands before you begin your skincare routine. Follow this routine for 7 days post-procedure.
- PM Skin Care Routine – Wash the treatment area with Obagi Gentle Cleanser and lukewarm water – Do not use hot water. Rinse and pat dry gently, with no pulling, picking, or rubbing. Apply Laser Balm to the entire treatment area. Reapply Laser Balm as needed to keep the area moist. Do not let the skin become dry or cracked. Always wash your hands before you begin your skincare routine. Follow this routine for 7 days post-procedure.
- Eye Area: Treatment to the upper Eye Lids may result in swelling and create a slight squint. Redness may persist for up to 3 days. Cleanse your eyes with cool water and dab or pat lightly with towel. Avoid Hot Water. Lubricating eye drops (i.e. artificial tears) will help to decrease the dryness of your eyes.
- Drink at least 8, 8oz. bottles of water per day, more if you feel dry or dehydrated. If the skin around the mouth is tight, reapply Laser Balm, minimize expressions, and use a straw to drink.
- Rest. Avoid strenuous exercise, bending, straining, stooping, or lifting heavy objects for 1 week after the procedure. These activities may cause more swelling and pain in your face and slow down your recovery.
- Sleep with your face elevated above your heart for the first 2 days after the procedure. Ensure your linens are clean and smooth each day. Do not rest your face on a terry cloth towel. Towels are too rough and your face may stick.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least six months. A sunscreen SPF 30 or higher should be applied every day. We recommend Obagi Sun Shield. Use a hat and sunglasses. Your skin is extremely vulnerable to the sun after having laser treatment. Protecting your skin and limiting sun exposure ensures the best cosmetic results.
- At the time of scheduling the laser procedure, please schedule your follow-up appointment for 1 week after the procedure
To get even better results after your treatment and upgrade your at-home skin care regiment visit www.spaaesthetica.com