This procedure combines two treatment methods for increased effectiveness:
- Microneedling, also referred to as collagen induction therapy (CIT), involves pricking the skin with fine microneedles to increase collagen protein production. This collagen makes skin more elastic and younger-looking while eliminating signs of aging.
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) uses platelets and plasma from the patient’s own blood to improve healing and rejuvenation. They also act to reduce the temporary swelling and redness that typically occur after microneedling.
At Spa Aesthetica, our skin experts use the CosmoPen system for microneedling. The CosmoPen system can be used to treat all skin types, and it makes use of the latest technology to make microneedling even more effective. It is considered an excellent alternative to fractional laser treatments.
Which Issues Can Be Treated?
The CosmoPen can be used to achieve a number of improvements, including:
- Rejuvenating the appearance of the face
- Reducing fine, moderate, and deep wrinkles
- Tightening sagging skin by boosting elasticity
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks
- Treating acne scars
- Improving dull skin
- Shrinking enlarged pores
- Addressing surgical scars
- Reducing melasma and hyperpigmentation
- Ensuring that serums and products are absorbed more effectively
- Treating alopecia
How Does CosmoPen Microneedling with PRP Work?
CosmoPen microneedling uses tiny needles to create microscopic punctures in the skin. The body’s natural healing process then takes over, creating fresh new skin cells. New elastin and collagen tissues are formed, as are new capillaries, improving blood supply to the treated area. This addresses a wide variety of skin issues while improving skin health and elasticity.
The microscopic punctures also form microchannels in the skin. This allows for improved absorption of products like PRP, which is delivered after the microchannels are made. Because it’s able to permeate deeper into the skin layers, it can create enhanced results.
What Is the Treatment Process Like?
Right before your CosmoPen treatment, avoid applying any makeup or skin products. At the start of the session, a local anesthetic is administered to the area being treated. This numbs the region to any discomfort or pain. The CosmoPen is then moved across the surface of the treatment region to ensure even coverage.
For the PRP aspect of the treatment, a small amount of blood is drawn. It is placed into a centrifuge to isolate the platelets and plasma from the blood’s other components. The platelets and plasma are then prepared into a PRP serum and administered to the treated area.
After the treatment, temporary swelling and redness can be seen. Patients can go back to work in a day or two. It will be best to avoid exercise, sun exposure, and the application of non-mineral makeup as the skin heals.
Usually, the CosmoPen microneedling treatment requires 4 or 6 treatment sessions to achieve optimal results. A gap of 10 to 15 days is given between each treatment session to ensure the best results.
The growth of collagen happens over time, so it is important to be patient as results continue to improve over the next six to twelve months.
How Much Does Microneedling with PRP Cost?
The cost of microneedling with PRP varies from med spa to medspa. Additionally, the overall price will be affected by factors like the number of required treatment sessions and the exact issues being treated.
Set Up a Consultation
To find out more about the many benefits of microneedling with PRP in Orange, contact Spa Aesthetica. Our skin experts will be happy to help you rejuvenate and revitalize your skin.